» How do I update my firmware?
Check with SPON Technical Support Department to see if your current firmware is the latest version before attempting to update. To upload the firmware from your PC, log into the web GUI for the paging adapter you're trying to upgrade on your web browser, click "System Tool" » "Update Firmware" » "Update" and choose the latest firmware file provided by SPON, and click "Update" button to start uploading. For more information, please check the User Manual which is available on the product page.
» What should I do if the paging adapter cannot be logged into the server software?
1. Check if the server software and the server PC are operating normally (before starting the server software, please make sure that all the firewalls, including the built-in firewall in the OS and other anti-virus software's firewall, are disabled).
2. Check if the network connection of the paging adapter is functioning normally (as soon as the paging adapter is powered on, the green indicator LED of the RJ45 Ethernet port should be normally on, the yellow indicator LED of the RJ45 Ethernet port should be flashing rapidly, and that means the network connection is functioning normally).
3. Check if the network configurations (including device ID, local IP address, subnet mask, server IP address, etc.) of the paging adapter on the web GUI are set correctly.
» What should I do if there's no sound on the connected passive speakers while making paging broadcasting?
1. Check if the paging adapter is online on the server software;
2. Log into the server software, click "Basic Settings" » "Terminal", Check if the paging adapter's output volume is set to 0, if so, please turn up the volume.
» What should I do if there're occasional breaks on the connected passive speakers while making paging broadcasting?
Check if the total wattage of the connected passive speakers has exceeded the rated output (60W) of the paging adapter's built-in digital amplifier.
» What should I do if there's no sound on the connected passive speakers when the relay input has been triggered?
1. Log into the FTP server of the paging adapter, check if there're pre-uploaded audio files in the [Ringtone] - [ShortIn] folder;
2. If not, try to upload the audio files (audio file format: .mp3 / bit rate: 128kbps) to the [Ringtone] - [ShortIn] folder and rename the file as "alarmin1" or "alarmin2" ("alarmin1" corresponds to the ringtone for relay input 01, "alarmin2" corresponds to the ringtone for relay input 02);
3. Please note that the ringtone can only be triggered by corresponding relay input when the paging adapter is offline on the server software.
» What should I do if the configuration web interface displays abnormally?
Pleaes try to clear cache & cookies on your browser, or change to another browser (recommended browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) to access the web GUI.
» For additional support or answers to questions not covered on this page, who should I contact?
Please contact SPON Technical Support Department.