» How do I configure the paging adapter?
As you can see, the configuration method of SPON™ NAS-8504B is different from other SPON™ IP endpoints, because this equipment doesn't support configuration via web interface. For this equipment, we can use SPON™ DevConfig Tool to set the network parameters (including device ID, local IP address, subnet mask, server IP address, etc.), please check the detailed configuration procedures as below:
1. Connect the equipment to the existing LAN/WAN network.
2. Install and start SPON™ DevConfig Tool on your PC/laptop.
3. Click "Fast Scan" to locate the paging adapter you're trying to configure.
4. Choose the paging adapter and set the network parameters on the right side of DevConfig Tool.
5. After setting up all the network parameters, click "modify" to complete the configuration.
» How do I update my firmware?
Check with SPON Technical Support Department to see if your current firmware is the latest version before attempting to update. To upload the firmware from your PC, log into the DevConfig Tool, click "Fast Scan" and choose the paging adapter you're trying to upgrade, then click "Firmware" » "Firmware Update" on the menu bar, choose the latest firmware file provided by SPON, and click "Start Update" button to start uploading. For more information, please check the User Manual which is available on the product page.
» What should I do if "Warning: terminal network service (UDP) boot failure" pop up when I try to start the management software?
This pop-up warning window normally means that the network connection of the server PC has failed. Please check the network cable connection of the server PC, make sure the network connection is ok, and then reboot the management software.
» What should I do if the paging adapter cannot be logged into the management software?
1. Check if the management software and the server PC are operating normally (before starting the management software, please make sure that all the firewalls, including the built-in firewall in the OS and other anti-virus software's firewall, are disabled).
2. Check if the network connection of the paging adapter is functioning normally (as soon as the paging adapter is powered on, the green indicator LED of the RJ45 Ethernet port should be always on, the yellow indicator LED of the RJ45 Ethernet port should be flashing rapidly, and that means the network connection is functioning normally) .
3. Check if the network configurations (including device ID, local IP address, subnet mask, server IP address, etc.) of the paging adapter are set correctly.
» For additional support or answers to questions not covered on this page, who should I contact?
Please contact SPON Technical Support Department.