» How do I update my firmware?
Check with SPON Technical Support Department to see if your current firmware is the latest version before attempting to update. To upload the firmware from your PC, log into the web GUI for the speaker you're trying to upgrade on your web browser, click "System Tool" » "Update Firmware" and choose the latest firmware file provided by SPON, and click "Update" button to start uploading. For more information, please check the User Manual which is available on the product page.
» Can I use this horn speaker for my VoIP telephone system? Or make a direct voice announcement from my VoIP phone?
Yes, based on open standards, XC-9610 IP ceiling speaker plugs right into standard IP networks and can be easily integrated with your SIP-based unified communication system via standard SIP protocol. Different sound sources can be SIP direct call or SIP multicast.
» What should I do if the speaker cannot be logged into the management software?
1. Check if the management software and the server PC are operating normally (before starting the management software, please make sure that all the firewalls, including the built-in firewall in the OS and other anti-virus software's firewall, are disabled).
2. Check if the network connection of the speaker is functioning normally.
3. Check if the network configurations (including device ID, local IP address, subnet mask, server IP address, etc.) of the speaker on the web GUI are set correctly.
» What is multicast?
IP multicast is a technique for one-to-many communication over a local IP network. IGMP multicast is sent via UDP packets from a multicast sender to a multicast receiver. This stream scales to a larger receiver population by not requiring prior knowledge of who or how many receivers there are. Multicast uses network infrastructure efficiently by requiring the source to send a packet only once, even if it needs to be delivered to many receivers. The network replicates the packet in order to reach multiple receivers only when necessary.
Multicast is a great alternative to SIP registration as it does not require that the recipient of the stream to register as an extension on an IP-PBX server.
» How do I change my login username and password of the configuration web interface?
1. Log into the web GUI, click "Advanced Settings" » "Web Management" and enter the password setting page.
2. Input the original username and original password.
3. Input the new username and new password.
4. Confirm the new password.
5. Click "Maintenance" » "System Tool" » "Reboot Device" to reboot the device for the new username/password settings to take effect.
» What should I do if the configuration web interface displays abnormally?
Pleaes try to clear cache & cookies on your browser, or change to another browser (recommended browser: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) to access the web GUI.
» For additional support or answers to questions not covered on this page, who should I contact?
Please contact SPON Technical Support Department.